University of Parma
Department of Engineering and Architecture
Viale G. P. Usberti 181/A
I-43124 Parma, Italy
tel. +39 0521 905763+39 0521 905763
fax +39 0521 905758
Stefano Selleri, Luca Vincetti, Annamaria Cucinotta, "Optical and Photonics Components", Esculapio, ISBN-10: 8874889240 ISBN-13 978-8874889242, 2015.
Italian version of of Fawwaz T. Ulaby, “Fondamenti di Campi Elettromagnetici, Teoria ed Applicazioni”, edited by McGraw-Hill, Milan 2006, the Italian Edition of Fawwaz T. Ulaby, “Fundamentals of Applied Electromagnetics”, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ 2004.
Stefano Selleri, received the degree in Electronic Engineering with Laude from the Bologna University in 1991 and the PhD from Parma University in 1995. He has been working at the Information Engineering Department as researcher, since 1997, Associate Professor, 2002, and Full Professor, 2013.
Prof. Stefano Selleri served as:
- Director of the Information Engineering Department, University of Parma, 2013-2016.
- Chair of the IEEE Photonics Society Italy Chapter (http://www.ieee-photonics.it/), 20012-2016.
Prof. Stefano Selleri is currently serving as:
- Member of the Board of Directors of Parma University, since January 2017.
- Chair of the Italian “Commission D – Electronics and Photonics” of the International Union of Radio Science (Union Radio Scientifique Internationale - URSI) (http://www.ursi.org).
- Member of the Società Italiana di Elettromagnetismo - SIEm.
- Member of CNIT – Consorzio Nazionale Inter-Universitario.
- Associate member of “Istituto dei Materiali per l’Elettronica e il Magnetismo” IMEM – CNR, Parma, for research activity on "Innovative optical sensors".
- Associate member of “Istituto di Scienze Applicate e Sistemi Intelligenti E. Caianiello” ISASI – CNR, Pozzuoli.
- Member of the Staff Board of AEIT-CORIFI – “Coordinamento Ricerca Innovazione Fotonica Italia”, being the leader of the Working Group 7 “Research Education and Training”, appointed again in 2015.
His current research in photonics includes optical amplification, fiber lasers, biosensing, fiber sensors and numerical methods for modal and propagation analysis of electromagnetic fields in conventional, photonic crystal and holey fibers.
Being Prof. Selleri Chair of the IEEE Photonics Society Italy Chapter, the Chapter itself has been awarded as:
The Largest Membership Increase Chapter (Award 2016) of the IEEE Photonics Society;
The Chapter Of The Year 2014 (COTY 2014) of the IEEE Photonics Society;
The Chapter Of The Year 2013 (COTY 2013) for IEEE Region 8;
The Most Innovative Chapter of the IEEE Photonics Society in 2013.